Monday, May 4, 2009

Resolution Challenge 2009

I am doing a healthy living challenge with Sara and quite a few other people. Sara started it. It involves doing 10 things a day that are good for you:
1. 7 hours of sleep
2. 48 oz. water
3. 45 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)
4. 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit
5. No soda, beer, wine, unhealthy snacks, or bad fast food [anything FRIED]
6. No sweets [desserts, pastries and sugary snacks & cereals] * sugar-free alternatives are OK
7. No eating after dinner/8pm
8. 15 minutes of scripture reading (or other spiritual text if you don't do scripture)
9. One journal entry (any length)
10. Express sincere appreciation or praise to your spouse (if single, to another person)

Can you guess my weak areas? (exercise, and scripture reading...what a confession). I have more than one.....this is our 3rd week....and I haven't got a 140 points......but this is a new week, so maybe I will do better.

If you want to see what healthy eating looks like....click here. Sara keeps a pictorial record and journal of what she eats. I am going to just copy her meals and make them .....I will see how that goes. It will help I know! My problem is that I don't like to "have to do" anything anymore...I am just to lenient with myself...but I am doing better than when I was doing NOTHING AT ALL, so for now that is good with me.

1 comment:

Trezise Momma said...

This sounds like a great idea! How does the point system work? Good luck with your goals, but seriously, you can't get much better than you already are. Don't mess with perfection.