Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Zen of It All....

We were walking around the yard this morning and walked by the old river willow and this is what we saw and heard......listen for the little squeaks toward the end:



We had never noticed a "bird house" in the tree...and it is such a great design... a double awning made of bracken.......We tried to see inside, but it was dark. I put my camera up and tried to get a couple of shots.....I didn't think I captured anything...but when we went in to view the pics on the computer ...this is what we saw:


Needless to say the mother wasn't very happy with us. When we would step away the woodpecker would stick its head out to see if we were gone.....what a rude surprise to have someone flash light in your eyes! We could hear the babies inside...what fun! This is what "retired" people do....they have to make their own fun! (BORING?.....not to us!)

2 comments:

sara said...

Oh my goodness!!!

Love it.

Oh - I can't wait to hear ALL ABOUT your adventure w/ thing 1 and thing 2!!

Trezise Momma said...

That is cute. I love baby birds!